Who are we looking for?
Are you a feminist working in the cultural heritage sector who wants to:
- smash the glass ceiling for all women in the sector
- see more women’s stories told
- create equal opportunities and better working conditions for all?
We’re looking for four people to join our central steering committee. There’s 6 of us now. One of us is British Asian, the rest are white, one of us is disabled, some of us are queer, some of us are working class and some are middle class. We’re mainly based in the South East. We want to be more representative of the sector and transparent about how we work.
We’re looking for 4 feminist change makers who can bring new perspectives to our campaigning and challenge our thinking. You can live anywhere in the UK.
What do Museum Space Invaders do?
We work with our sister groups across the UK: Space Invaders North and Space Invaders Scotland to deliver change in each of our 3 feminist manifesto areas:
- Equal power
- Fair conditions
- Our stories told
What does the steering committee do?
The Space Invaders’ steering committee:
- hold the national action plan to deliver the manifesto
- organise and run events
- connect our sister groups
- hold Space Invaders as a collective movement
- have an overview of our policy and strategy
- manage our website, brand and national mailing list
What kind of time commitment do we need?
We meet 4 to 6 times a year on Zoom or face-to-face. We also run 2 or 3 events a year that some or all of us get involved with.
Our meetings are lively and action focussed. We don’t expect you to read reams of paperwork. We do expect you to come with a will to make real change for all women in the sector (and smash the patriarchy obvs). You can live anywhere in the UK.
We’re flexible on roles, interest areas and time people want to spend on specific tasks or areas of our manifesto.
Apply to be on our committee
Send us a statement of 300 words or a 3 minute video or voice note by Monday 4 October telling us
- Why you want to join our committee?
- What change you want to see in the sector?
Or as a short (no more than 3 minute) video or voice note by email to email@example.com
If you have any questions about applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close on Monday 4 October.
- We’ll follow up with structured 45 minute conversations during October and November.
- We aim to announce our new committee members by 5 January 2022.
You may also be interested in
Who are the Space Invaders? Find out what we do and the history of why we do it.
Catch up with the latest episodes of our feminist leadership podcast.
Want to keep up to date with conversations or be contacted when the next Space Invaders event is taking place?