We want to see workplaces and conditions designed to meet the needs of women (including trans) and non binary people.
- Equal pay and no gender pay gap
- Flexibility, with caring responsibilities supported for all staff and all dependents
- Safe spaces free of sexism
As intersectional feminists we know that to create long lasting change, we need to improve conditions for everyone in the sector. At every level.
Fair Museum Jobs are doing a great job of championing diversity in hiring. We recommend you look at their website for articles on CVS, salaries and post grad qualifications.
- Space Invaders Manifesto Launch, featuring: Sharon Heal, Sara Wajid, Nirmal Puwar, Dr Orian Brooke, Melissa Strauss 20/07/2020
- WOW Angela Davis in conversation, Women of the World
- A short history of trans people’s fight for equality, Samy Nour Younes, Ted talk, 12/2018
- Equality in Progress report, Glasgow Women’s Library
- Equality, diversity and the creative arts, Arts Council England
- Improving Women’s progression in the workplace, Global Institute for Women’s Leadership
- What is feminist leadership? Sharon Heal, Museum Space Invaders, 10/02/2020
- Unpack white feminism – Nicole Cardoza on anti racism daily 09/04/2021
- Re-imagining the workplace, Women and Cultural Leadership by Claire Hodgson
- Why Iceland is Hosting a Debate on Gender Equality… For Men, The Telegraph, by Lauren Davidson, 10/01/2015
- The Presence and Perception of Women, CIPD, by Jan Hills, 19/09/2013
- Flexible Working: Why the Arts and Culture Sector Doesn’t Get it Yet, The Guardian, Claire Hodgson, 15/03/2013
You may also be interested in
In 2021 Space Invaders North started looking at the health and working conditions of women in heritage. This is what they found.
We’re looking for four feminists to join our central steering committee. Could you get on board to improve the sector for everyone?
We talk feminism, leadership and making a museum from scratch with East End Women’s Museum’s Rachel Crossley